Brilliant Ideas need to be Shared
If you’ve got a brilliant project or initiative that’s helping local communities respond to current challenges, we need to be working together! Through the Cinnamon Incubator Competition, we want to find the next generation of brilliant social action projects and help them grow and replicate through churches for the benefit of communities across our nation.
Who Can Apply?
We are looking for innovative social action projects that are already set up and making an impact in one or more locations. You might be a social enterprise, a small charity, a CIC or a group of churches working together.
- Responding to current challenges in your communities
- Supported by a local church or group of churches
- Ambitious to expand across the country
What is the Incubator Final?
Five initiatives will be invited to present their work at the Cinnamon Incubator Final on 15th November 2023 in London. You will receive professional coaching and support to develop your pitch.
Here’s what’s on offer:
- A £25,000 development grant will be awarded to one winning project.
- Five places on the Cinnamon Incubator Programme are available for the projects that reach the final.
- Potential funders and philanthropists will be invited to meet the projects at the final.
What is the Incubator Programme?
The Incubator Programme has been supporting small charities for the past 10 years. The course has been structured specifically to help small start-up organisations to replicate.
You will benefit from:
- Teaching from industry professionals in finance, human resources, governance, leadership, marketing and promotion.
- Residential training events and invitations to Cinnamon’s Project Retreat
- One-to-one coaching to develop your bespoke strategy
- Peer support from fellow Incubator participants
- Networking opportunities with funders and potential partners.
- Ongoing support from Cinnamon Network
10 YEARS OF SUCCESS
In the last 10 years, we’ve helped more than 35 projects through the Incubator Programme. Many of those we’ve worked with, like Renew Wellbeing and Make Lunch, have gone on to become established charities working across the UK. Your project could be next!
The value of support provided on the Cinnamon Project Incubator is estimated to be worth more than £21,000. Since entry is on a strictly invitational basis – this is a prize money can’t buy.
What others are saying
“The learning has been invaluable. I’ve learned how to pace things and also about organisations that we can apply to for funding so we can grow a strong housing surgery.”
“We have tripled our income and our staff team in six months and are working in partnership with national organisations like Crisis and St Mungo’s.”
The deadline has passed. Thank you to all who applied.
If you haven’t made it, perhaps we will see you next year!